Don't get me wrong, Kevin is upstairs with Maya (our puppy) and stops down occasionally to see how I am doing. I am sure if he could do more, he would in a heartbeat. He has been really wonderful in making sure I have everything I need. But I am stuck in the sunroom with 2 heaters and an air mattress watching TV, working on xmas cards and my laptop with rubber gloves. They don't warn you on how lonely this process can actually be.
Tonight my kids are at the Sutton Christmas party with my sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephews. I am so happy they have something to go to but I would love to be there with them.
Kevin suggested we wrap the kids gifts tonight with my handy dandy rubber gloves and watch a movie on opposite sides of the room. I can't complain, it's better than being in the sunroom the whole night. Something to look forward to. :)~
Enjoy the little things in life and be happy. We definitely take them for granted.
You are breaking my heart! I had no idea all of this was going on with you. We really have lost touch. I will put you on my prayer list and pray that things only get better from here. It sounds like if I'm reading right that you'll see the boys soon? Please know that no matter how long it has been since we have hung out, that I would do anything to help out. Please keep me updated and let me know when you can see people. All the best to you and my strength to both you and Kevin. Stephanie
ReplyDeleteI am glad Kevin is doing what he can to help you, emotionally, and the little extra things,, even if it is watching movies on opposite sides of the room. It's the thought that counts. Glad you got to see your boys Sunday... sorry this is so lonely. Sunroom is a wonderful thought, til it's your asylum. Missing you, praying for you, and commending you on how you are handling this.
ReplyDeletexo
Carol
It is so true - absence makes the heart grow fonder. Even though we don't enjoy it or always appreciate it, I think it's important to go through times where we can really evaluate what's important and who is important. Remember you are never alone... God promises never will I leave, never will I forsake you. Take comfort that even though you are on leave from those closest to you on earth, you are never more than a whisper away from your heavenly father. I love you. Keep Strong!
ReplyDelete