Kevin brought me my first regular meal in 2 weeks - McDonald's breakfast - and let me tell you - delicious but I was full after one bite. LOL! But can I just say, hot chocolate, sausage mcmuffin and hashbrown was really yummy.
I am a bit bored and lazy but I am learning new things from the magazines in my boredom box and catching up on soap operas.
1 example: Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole - campbellskitchen.com - looks yummy and I think my family would love it. Now don't laugh but they give a low sodium version and I am thinking that I may go on a low sodium way of life. I never realized how much sodium/iodine we actually eat. And I really didn't need it to live my life. New beginnings in 2009 right. :) Cancer free, healthy living - diet/exercise, all that good stuff.
Kevin just brought me my 2nd normal food meal - Wendy's Classic #1 with Cheese. I barely finished the sandwich and well too full for the fries. The clinical nurse told me that I have to eat all of the sandwich because otherwise we have to bag my food and ziplock it. Saliva is one way the radiation comes out of my system. But half into the sandwich, I was so full. I did finish it so no bagging. :) He also brought me a whole slew of movies - yeah... Lots to catch up on now. I give him a ton of credit for running around and helping me so much this week. As emotionally draining as all this can be, he has been an excellent support system. I can't thank him enough for all that he is doing for me.
A special thanks to Becky & Vern for pics of my lil' Josh. They are wonderful and I really needed them. ;)
Jenina, This is so amazing & very touching, just hang in there, you have a wonderful family & those boys are so cute & precious.
ReplyDeleteLove Uncle Jim & Aunt Jan
I love your sense of humor, glad you get a chuckle or two out of this, and that the kids are making your day, as well as your folk's day. You have some pretty precious boys there... and I sure know where they got it.
ReplyDeletexo
Carol
Hello- Glad to hear you got a taste of some yummy food! Yea we all should start the new year right healthy and happy! Everyone here misses Jacob and Josh can't wait to see you all again. Hang in there 4days down:)Bec
ReplyDeleteHi Jenina,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you let me know about your treatment. I had no idea that you were going through so much!! What a brave girl you are! I know that this has to be a very scary and unpleasant time for you. It's during times like these that the Lord draws closer to us, though, as our faith and trust in Him grows stronger. I know that He is right there with you, and I pray that you sense His presence! Remember the verse, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." That's you!! Love and God Bless, Linda
Don't know if I can agree with the McDonald and Wendy's menu....but anything must taste good at this point! Good thing you are home today as we already have ten inches of snow and Unlce Tom has been out there all day snow blowing...with breaks inbetween. The kids are here in and out and writing letters to Santa. Time for an exedrin...chatter box has not stopped. Wish I had her energy!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Aunt Valerie
Mmmm. When are we having soup casserole. I will be sure to drive right up. :)
ReplyDelete